At Aventura Dental Center of Aventura, FL, patients often ask our dental team why routine appointments for cleanings and evaluations are necessary.
Below are just a few of the advantages of visiting the dentist regularly:
Plaque and tartar removal. Even the most diligent of patients may find themselves with plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth and along the gumline. Both of these substances can become difficult to remove with brushing and flossing alone, making them problematic for many. They contribute to tooth decay and periodontal disease and can be removed by a dental hygienist.
- Reduce the risk of gum disease. Bacteria, plaque, and tartar can cause the development of gum disease, or “periodontal disease.” The stages range from gingivitis, the earliest stage when most patients notice bleeding and swelling of the gums, to periodontitis, which can result in tooth loss, bone loss, and gum shrinkage. Visiting a dentist regularly to monitor for the signs of these conditions is essential to maintaining proper oral health and wellness.
- Improved breath. Regular removal of bacteria, plaque, and tartar can reduce the risk of chronic bad breath or halitosis. Our team may even recommend mouthwash if you struggle with bad breath on a regular basis, even after getting the smile’s health under control.
- Finding problems in their earliest stages. The sooner a cavity or infection is spotted, the better chances a patient has to reverse the damage and restore the health of the smile. Our team will evaluate your teeth and gums and let you know if there are any symptoms that may be indicative of a more potentially damaging condition.
- Improved appearance of the smile. Patients often find that when their smile is well cared for, they are more confident in sharing it with others in social situations.
- Reduced cost of treatment. Preventative care is critical as it reduces the risks of damaging and potentially costly conditions to treat. Our dental staff encourages you to book routine dental appointments to alleviate potential issues.
How Can I Schedule An Appointment With The Team At Aventura Dental Center?
Aventura, FL area patients ready to work with a dentist to obtain the care they need to keep their smiles healthy are encouraged to call 305-933-2501 to request an appointment with Dr. David S. Bistritz and his team of professionals.