At Aventura Dental Center, we work with patients who have lost adult teeth and need to have them replaced.
It is vital that Aventura, FL patients replace missing teeth to protect their smiles and restore function and beauty.
If you live in the area and want to work with Dr. David S. Bistritz and his team to learn more about tooth replacement options, continue reading!
How Might Teeth Become Missing?
- When a tooth decays, the enamel and dentin break down, leaving a hole in the tooth. If the decay is not treated, it can spread to the tooth’s pulp, causing an infection. The infection can cause the tooth to die and eventually fall out.
- Trauma/injury. If a tooth is knocked out (avulsed), it must be replanted by a dentist as soon as possible. If it is not replanted within a few hours, the chances of it being successfully reattached diminish significantly.
- Extraction is another way that teeth may become missing. This is typically done when a tooth is too decayed to be saved or when there is not enough room in the mouth for all of the teeth. Wisdom teeth are often extracted because they are the last teeth to come in, and there is often insufficient space for them.
- Periodontal disease. Teeth may also become loose and fall out due to periodontal disease. This is a condition in which the gums and bones around the teeth become infected. The infection causes the gums to pull away from the teeth, and eventually, the teeth may become loose and fall out.
- Oral cancer. Teeth may be lost due to cancer or other diseases. If a tumor or growth develops in the mouth, it can cause the loss of one or more teeth. Radiation therapy for cancer can also damage the teeth and cause them to eventually fall out.
Why Is It Important To Replace Missing Teeth?
Replacement of missing teeth is not just for aesthetics. Without replacing missing teeth, you may be putting yourself at risk of jawbone loss, reduced function, and changes to the smile alignment.
Call Aventura Dental Center Today!
If you have lost or extracted one or more teeth in the smile, you must talk to a dentist about replacement options. Call Aventura Dental Center at 305-933-2501 to request a consultation appointment and initial evaluation with our team.