We’re at that time of year when Love is in the Air, and we’re feeling it in our own unique way. Here at Aventura Dental Center, we love bringing more health and beauty to the smiles we are trusted to treat. If you are like a lot of people, you are facing some type of concern related to your smile. Maybe your gums need a little love to help soothe inflammation. Maybe your teeth could use a little love to overcome discoloration.
Whatever your situation, we are here to help and we know just how to show your smile some love. Here, we discuss ways that you can do that, too.
An Ounce Of Prevention Goes A Long Way
When it comes to your oral health, prevention is the name of the game. As much as possible, we want to help our patients avoid the uncomfortable and stressful dental problems that seem to be so common. Doing so is not unheard of, and the best part is it really doesn’t take that much effort. What it takes is mindfulness. You see, what your smile needs most of all is daily attention from you. About five minutes in the morning and five at night, if that, because proper brushing takes only two minutes (but shouldn’t take less). If you find brushing and flossing a chore that is difficult to remember, you might try a few strategies, like:
- Using an electric toothbrush, taking care to use light pressure against your teeth and gums.
- Using a water irrigation device to assist with flossing.
- Setting an alarm to remind you to brush.
- Floss using a “flavored” dental floss.
- Drink water throughout the day to continually flush debris and bacteria from your mouth.
- Chew sugarless gum if you tend to struggle with dry mouth.
- Cut back on sugary, highly-processed foods (they give oral bacteria quite the buffet).
- Set reminders to schedule dental exams and cleanings every six months. The reward is a healthy, vital smile!
Addressing Dental Concerns
The vast majority of people who brush and floss daily and maintain six-month dental visits avoid stressful dental problems. That said, care should be sought if symptoms like tooth or gum pain occur. Dental concerns may also be cosmetic in nature and, when they are, we’ve got just the treatments to address them quickly and beautifully! Cosmetic dental treatments range from teeth whitening to bonding to porcelain veneers. Each process has its own unique advantages, every process can elevate the beauty of the smile.
We can help you develop the perfect plan to show your smile some love. To schedule a visit, contact us at 305-933-2501.
Leave A Comment