Are you suffering from a dental emergency? Not sure what to do, or if your situation even counts as an emergency? We can help. Read below to discover what problems are considered emergencies, what you can do to help right now, and how to schedule an emergency appointment. If you are bleeding and cannot stop it, please visit our dental office for your Dental Emergencies Aventura, FL or visit your local hospital’s emergency room immediately.
What Counts As A Dental Emergency?
If you are unsure whether you have a dental emergency or not, you’re not alone. Many people don’t want to bother a dentist if it’s not really an emergency, but we would much rather hear from you. That said, here are some situations that definitely count as dental emergencies:
- Severe toothache
- Severe pain in the gums or jaw
- A deep cut on your tongue, cheek, or gums
- A tooth that has been knocked loose or even knocked out
- A tooth has been cracked or broken
If you have any of these situations or something similar, please call us immediately at 786-681-1127. The sooner we see you, the more likely that we can save your tooth and help relieve the pain.
What You Can Do Right Now
There are several things you can do right now if you are having a dental emergency:
- Contact our dental office immediately, as we can usually give you the answers you need fast. We have a live answering services for after-hours calls.
- If you are bleeding, try to stop it with pressure. If it won’t stop, visit an ER immediately, as that’s the more important issue right now.
- If a tooth is loose, leave it alone. If a tooth fell out, try placing the tooth back in the socket. And if it won’t stay, keep it in a small amount of milk or water and bring it with you to your emergency appointment.
- If a tooth is broken or cracked, also leave it alone. If you have a piece of a tooth, treat it like a knocked-out tooth and bring it to your appointment.
How Can I Make An Emergency Appointment?
Call us at 786-681-1127 immediately. Our hours are:
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
However, we have an answering service that can help if you need to call outside of our normal business hours. We can normally see emergency patients the same day, and Dr. Bistritz can come in some weekends to help.
Can I Make An Appointment For A Non-Emergency?
Even if you think your situation doesn’t count as a dental emergencies Aventura, FL, you are free to call us at 786-681-1127 and discuss the situation. If you call outside of our business hours, please leave a message, and a member of our team will get back in touch with you as soon as possible. You can also contact us with our online form, but only if you are not experiencing an dental emergency. We would always rather hear from you than let a painful problem go untreated.
No More Gaps in Your Smile! Missing teeth can damage your smile & shorten your life! Start getting your smile back by signing up for our FREE e-book!