If you have lost one or more teeth, you are probably not too happy about it. Not only does it affect your appearance, but it can also make it difficult to eat and speak properly. You may hesitate to talk to your dentist about your desire for a restored and fully-functioning smile.
Thanks to the team at Aventura Dental Center, Aventura, FL, area, patients can learn about the various ways to restore a smile after tooth loss. Dental implants are a popular and great way to replace missing teeth in a permanent and long-term manner!
Understanding Dental Implants For Tooth Replacement
Dental implants are best described as titanium posts that are surgically placed into your jawbone. Once the implants are in place, your dentist will attach artificial teeth to them. Dental implants both look and function just like natural teeth, so no one will even be able to tell that you have them.
There are many benefits to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth.
- Improved speech: Because dental implants are securely placed in your mouth, you will not have to worry about slipping out of place when you talk. This can often happen with traditional dentures held in place with denture adhesives.
- Improved comfort: Dental implants eliminate the discomfort that can be caused by dentures, which can rub and irritate the gum line, causing sores and pain. Dentures held in place with dental implants are firmly attached and will not move when eating and speaking.
- Easier eating: Dental implants function just like natural teeth, so you will be able to eat all of your favorite foods with ease.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime! This includes routine evaluations and cleanings at the dental office every six months.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, which require special cleaning solutions and care, dental implants simply need to be brushed and flossed like natural teeth.
If you are considering dental implants for tooth replacement, schedule a consultation with the team at Aventura Dental Center by calling 305-933-2501. Our facility is open to new and established patients and can provide individuals with solutions for missing teeth.